this is an excerpt from my bestie.
THE TERMS…in reference to dating and relationships and all the gray in between
as she says fuck the rules!
Ladies, let’s not bind ourselves by rules. Let’s hold our counterparts up to a standard by setting up terms that satisfy YOU
1. Friends first…I mean this sincerely. I would much rather be your best friend who becomes your love than to be a lover who attempts to become your friend. I value loyalty and friendship, they are important to me.
2. Impress me… I’m done compiling sob stories about lackluster men. I risk sounding vain here(I don’t really care), but I really am an exceptional woman; the proverbial apple at the top of the tree (if you don’t get the reference stay far away from me). I CAN’T WAIT to share all my benefits with someone special.–superhyped, right? Trust me, as much as I want “Him”to be “The Man”, I want to be “The Woman.” No problem fulfilling traditional roles here.
3. Be available…If you’ve got a girlfriend, if you’re not looking for anything past shallow physical attraction, or if you KNOW that you are not ever looking for anything REAL in the near future, I don’t want to waste my time trying to get to know you.
4. I am open to dating all types, but if you are a white man “with lots of cash to blow who’s just here for the weekend who wants a good time,” or who “wants to take a walk in the jungle”(real quotations people) DO NOT ATTEMPT TO “TAME” ME.
–Lola B. Kimberly
First Date Etiquette
1. Not at your or my residence
2. No pressure to drop drawers
3. Somewhere that will leave me raving about you and how interesting you are.
4. I’m the lady here, you should have the plan to sweep me off my feet! . Don’t ask me what we should do when we meet up. I am ready to follow your lead in all aspects.
what say you? do you have any terms?
side note: in trying to find a picture on google, after typing “Black Love”…i found this picture..steamy right! we will talk about my “black love” google findings later